Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Big Kahuna

I saw this movie a few years ago and it did not leave much of an impression. I guess it had to with my frame of mind then or maybe it had to with the person whom I watched it with. But I saw it again and I am glad I did.
I don't smoke, you quit drinking, Bob here wouldn't even dream of looking at another woman with lust... between the three of us, we're practically Jesus.
Kevin Spacey and Danny DeVito play the role of two veteran salesmen trying to land a big client. Peter Facinelli plays a young protege who has come along for the ride. Some very fine acting all around. The movie is centered around conversations happening in a hotel suite. The focus in on their sales pitch but it meanders into life, universe and everything. The screenplay is out of the world. Spacey and DeVito show yet again why they are the finest character actors in the business.

Rating: * * *

No comments: