Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Thrilling movie it is, made with a lot of style. Much like many other stylish french movies - lot of brilliant performances, tightly shot, but somehow the end game disappoints. But thats ok, as ones used to it.

A young Parisian real estate wheeler dealer accidentally stumbles upon his early passion of the piano. But being a distracted realty hooligan, he struggles to keep the faith with the piano as he juggles his dads predicament, disgust at his life and lust for his friend's wife.

Rating: * * +

2 comments:

Rama Rama said...

This film confirms my lack of interest in the piano as a musical instrument. What I really liked in the film was the relationship between the protagonist and his piano teacher where the only common language they have is music. I find relationships like those to be fascinating. Ala "Last Life in the Universe". Hope more directors go that route or maybe it is time I wrote my own script.

Anonymous said...

Bugger i think time you wrote one.