Wednesday, June 11, 2008

10 Items or less

Morgan Freeman being out of the acting limelight, finds himself looking into a sleeper role of a store manager to get things back on track. The "production" company drops him off / abandons him at a seedy joint at the edge of town. Here he runs into Scarlet (Paz Vega), a feisty grocery store worker, who takes pity on him and agrees to give him a ride. Freeman find himself drawn towards the cashier who is also trying to get her life back on track. A strange friendship ensues and most of the film is about the easy bond that forms between the two.

Freeman has taken a page out of Taste of Cherry. His character is curious almost to the point of annoyance. But the no BS presence of Paz Vega cancels things out leaving the viewer in a better frame of mind to appreciate the film.

Rating: * *
PS: Paz Vega is HOT!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bugger your continued vocal disdain of abbas kiarsotami indicates that he has obviously had a profound impact on you.

Rama Rama said...

I agree he had a profound effect of messing with my brain. Now the mere mention of his name puts me in an irritated frame of mind. So I use him when I am going into a meeting where I know I will need to pick a fight.

But I still would have been better off not being introduced to him.

Anonymous said...

not too sure about this film. was all sweetness i thought