Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Dor

Two women at the two corners of the country are brought together by a cruel thread (Dor) of fate. One's husband is accused of killing the other's loved one. The movie is inspired by Perumazhakkalam. Given the current state of Malayalam cinema I find it hard to believe that it could outdo this film.

Nagesh Kukunoor has done a wonderful job of guiding his actors through this amazing film scape. Tight acting all around especially from Shreyas Talpade, who is like a breath of fresh air in world of Indian comedians. People say that Ayesha Takia has outdone herself in this role. I am sure she has but it was Gul Kirat Panag who caught my eye and tugged at my heart. She is beautiful and has a stunning screen presence. She will surely haunt my dreams.

Rating: * * +

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perumazhakkalam was an excellent movie. Jalaja lookalike and Mamu Koya were ore the good. think it was Mamu Koya's best ever performance infact..

Not that I have seen the hindi version, but cant imagine Gul & Co being better. that could just me my bias though

Rama Rama said...

I should check the flick out. How was Dilip in that flick? He usually annoys the krap out of me.

Jalaja look alike? You mean Meera Jasmine or that cow Kavya Madhavan? Meera is hot but I give more points to Gul. If you like Kavya, may God help you...

Anonymous said...

apparently thats meera jasmine.

in any case i think i understand where u coming from: hotter the babe, better the actoress?

Dilip was all right. not much of a role for either of the men - only mamu koya as one of the fathers of the bride was splendid

Rama Rama said...

bloody lover of kiarostami (that has become a swear word in aromal's book these days) i don't mean hotter the babe better the actress!!! points were given just for hotness. and i do think meera is fine actress. i guess i should see the mallu flick and you the hindi before we continue this conversation.