Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Look Both Ways

A cartoonist who sees death everywhere. A photographer who has been diagnosed with cancer. A reporter who has gotten his girl friend pregnant. A man being run over by a train is witnessed by the cartoonist. The incident is covered by the reporter and the photographer. A film that flirts with a morbid fascination with death but with a streak of life infused in it.

I saw this movie with Aromal as usual. By the 50th minute he walked out swearing he would acquaint Wenerd with much pain and suffering if he met him. I agreed to help him dole out punishment to the twisted bastard. But I continued to watch the flick with a sense of foreboding depression. But around the hour mark something happened. Everything just clicked. Maybe it was the soundtrack or the rain or the fact that the "death animations" stopped . I really don't know. All I can say is that I have never seen such a powerful movie before.

Rating: * * * *

1 comment:

wenerd said...

Dont remember the details of the movie, but I remember it was a classic.

Haha.. Aromal seems to be the first known victim of our disclaimer