Sunday, September 04, 2011

Midnight in Paris

Midnight in Paris

Circumstances and a dastardly Spaniard conspired against me, to make me do something that I swore to avoid… watch a bloody Woody Allen film. But with good faith and an open mind I tried my hand at it again.

Gil (Owen Wilson), a floundering author is wandering around Paris with his overbearing fiancé, Inez (Rachel McAdams). Her super rich parents are equally snooty and little needs to be said about her snobby friends. The situation leaves Gil to wander the streets and he stumbles in to mysterious avenues from the past. While the setup seems fine on paper, it translates on to the screen in typical Woody Allen fashion. Noisy dialogs that leaves the viewer with a buzzing in their ears and the lack of stillness that gives a feeling that Allen is rushing around with no end in sight. Never again will I put my self through this torture!

Rating: *

No comments: